Tuesday, October 29, 2013

El Salvador - Day 5


We have so much to learn.  Today broke my heart because I had to tell about 10 people that we could not help them (either because of time or no Rx for their eyes).  It was so hard to tell them, but Jesus and the local interpreter (my angel in disguise) truly helped me!  The people had waited for hours, some perhaps 8 hours.  With the help from my angel interpreter, I looked them directly in the eye, put my hand on their shoulder and told in the most compassionate way I could, I wished I could help them and help them to see better, but I could not, and for that I was truly sorry.  I was prepared for the worst, but  because we delivered the message with God's love they understood completely.  They were appreciative any way. They know we traveled very far and are trying, so the authenticity, was the only thing we could give.  There is a lesson here too for all of us.  When God says no (and He is always compassionate), do we really understand?   We have many happy stories too of course, unlike some places in the world,  the people are genuinely happy: and mostly because they have their faith and perhaps because we care about them deeply.

Make friends with the doctor, for he is essential to you;
God has also established him in his profession.  Sirach 38:1









No comments:

Post a Comment