Wednesday, October 30, 2013

El Salvador - Day 6

Today was so very blessed.  We moved the clinic to another small town outside Sonsonate, called Izalco.  The setup was tighter and open air, but extremely hot.  It was a ten big water bottle kind of day.  My day was full of happy moments and we gave 150 people better eyesight.  Our three day total is 328.    A lady we turned away yesterday because time ran out was able to catch a ride and she came first thing.  She was so happy with her new glasses.  I hugged her and that started the day so well.


My angel and local translator who has been with me since day one is amazing.  She is so much fun and understands me very well.  She especially understands my desire to love all the people exactly as they are.  My angel kept telling the people waiting that I was a singing doctor and if they clapped I would sing a song for them.  She explained that just as I thought that singing in a foreign language sounded beautiful, they would find my singing in english beautiful.  So as they clapped, I could not disappoint, and I had to sing; so I sang amazing grace.  We had so much fun!

During a rare and very much appreciated lull in patients, I gave out some animal stickers to the children.  My angel told me that the children would be all too happy to teach me spanish, so I would just point to the animals and say "que es esto?" and they would give me the spanish name.



It was one of the most joy-filled and happy days of my entire life.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment