Saturday, October 26, 2013

El Salvador - Day 2

Any job will do.  Really.  A servant's heart, flexibility, and humility are all that is required.  I'm thrilled to have job helping with taking medical histories.  We are provided local interpreters.  My local interpreter is very perceptive; she reminds me of my daughter.  When I connect with an elderly woman because she reminds me of my grandmother, she notices this emotional connection and suggests that I take a picture with her.  Later when the woman has been seen by the doctor, my interpreter comes to me and explains that through the local effort they provide shoes and blankets for the needy.  She says that the local group has purchased some shoes and a blanket for me to give to the elderly woman.  They invite me to present the shoes, and then my interpreter, who is an angel in disguise, says "put the shoes on her feet."  Emotion wells up in me, words cannot describe...it is not lost on me: the washing of the feet by Christ!  Never would I have dreamed that I would have this opportunity.  God is so very good.






No comments:

Post a Comment